My 2nd Embryo Transfer- 1 Year Ago Today

1 year ago today, on a cloudy March 30th, much like today, my sweet, sweet baby started to grow inside of me. My husband and I live a little south of Chicago, and stayed in the city the night before at my parents condo, so that we'd be closer to the dr's office.

I had another transfer a few months before in December 2015, that ended in a miscarriage. But because the transfer had worked, I wanted to follow the same routine. I had pineapple and smoothies prepped and ready to go for the week. Meals planned- the same meals that I had prepped before. Everything was ready for a lazy few days, letting my embryo(s) burrow.

The ONLY mishap of the day is very funny looking back. When I had my transfer a few months prior, I had Chicken Quiona Chili from the Protein Bar for lunch. So I planned to do the same. However, when my husband went there at 10 AM to get some for me..they didn't have it ready! He said that the pleaded with them to give him some. I was soo dissapointed, BUT, the transfer worked with our my lucky chili- although I made my own when I got home. 

On Sunday, April 3rd, I got a positive at home pregnancy test- only 4 days post transfer. The blood test was still over a week away. On April 22nd, we had our first ultrasound, and I saw my sweet baby's heart beating. The weekend, we told our immediate families the news, as we were home for my dad's 60th birthday.

I woke up today squeezing my baby tight as we snuggled in bed on this rainy day. I stared at him, in complete awe that he is mine, all mine forever. I prayed, dreamed and hoped for him for longer than I can remember.  Sitting on the same couch with him today, watching him laugh and giggle made me cry like a baby- imagining that 1 year ago I sat on the same couch, excited and nervous about the transfer. 

I've wanted to be a mother my entire life, and I'm beyond grateful that he made me a mom. Ladies, never ever give up on your dream of motherhood.

All of my pineapples prepped, brazil nuts and a fruit mix with pumpkin seeds and rare fruits. Also my Fertilica UteriCalm drops that I took every day.
This is me on the 1 1/2 hour drive home. My very warm ugg boots, with my feet inside cozy in SmartWool socks. ( True story...I didn't take the socks off, except to shower until the ultrasound!)
These are the embryos being implanted. We implanted two 5BB normal PGS tested embryos. I always wonder about the sweet girl who wasn't quite ready to come into this world.
First ultrasound-- my sweet baby boy!
All of my ultrasounds and shots for this cycle.